Thank you for visiting the web site of the California Legislative Environmental Caucus. As Caucus Co-Chairs, we are working with our colleagues to develop strategies to improve California's air and water quality, protect our precious natural resources, and encourage and create incentives to achieve a sustainable "green" vision for California's future.
The Environmental Caucus supports:
1) a progressive energy policy to lessen our dependency on fossil fuels and reduce global warming, and to focus on conservation and renewable fuel sources;
2) clean water that is safe for our children to drink, that invigorates our rivers and watersheds, and that flows unpolluted into the ocean;
3) protection of our parks, open spaces and wildlands as finite resources that restore our connection to nature and provide positive recreational opportunities to millions of Californians and visitors;
4) environmental policies that protect the health of all Californians, especially our children;
5) a commitment to environmental justice, and to getting toxic chemicals and other contaminants out of our air, food and water.
Senator Fran Pavley
Co-Chair, California Legislative Environmental Caucus
Member of the State Senate; District 27